We worked with Sitra, the Finnish innovation fund, on the 35 proposals to make the European Data Strategy work. We designed concrete propositions on human-centric data governance for the new digital era.
We gathered 50 organizations from 15 countries and from all sectors for a report to the French Parliament about the GDPR right to portability and personal data governance with the Privacytech association.
We advised +100 public and private organizations from all sectors on GDPR, data portability, data governance, and personal data sharing. We provide training sessions on a regular basis.
Solution for personal data sharing
We work with ecosystems for personal data sharing in different sectors:
- We are participating in the building of a data-sharing platform for MaaS (Mobility as a Service) BeNeLux - Germany projects.
- We partner with the French Compte de Mobilité from La Fabrique des Mobilités.
We work with multiple startups in health and we discuss with major medical research institutions.
We work on the creation of a personal data bank with a major bank in France.
We work in retail for better consumption use cases based on purchase ticket receipt sharing.
- Aaronson, S. 2019. Data is a Development Issue. Centre for International Governance Innovation.
- Aaronson, S. 2018. Data Is Different: Why the World Needs a New Approach to Governing Cross-border Data Flows. Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Blankertz, A. 2020. Designing Data Trusts Why We Need to Test Consumer Data Trusts Now. Stiftung Neue Verantwortung.
- Blockchain Bundesverband 2018. Self-sovereign Identity A position paper on blockchain enabled identity and the road ahead.
- BMWi 2019. Project GAIA-X A Federated Data Infrastructure as the Cradle of a Vibrant European Ecosystem.
- Breznitz, D. 2018. Data and the Future of Growth: The Need for Strategic Data Policy. Centre for International Governance Innovation.
- British Academy and The Royal Society 2017. Data Management and Use: Governance in the 21st Century.
- Carrière-Swallow, Y., Haksar, V. 2019. The Economics and Implications of Data An Integrated Perspective. International Monetary Fund.
- Chivot, E. 2019. A Roadmap for Europe to Succeed in the Digital Economy. Center for Data Innovation.
- Cory, N., Atkinson, R., Castro, D. 2019. Principles and Policies for “Data Free Flow With Trust”. Information technology & Innovation
- Coyle, D., Kay, L., Diepeveen, S. Tennison, J., Wdowin, J. 2020. The Value of Data Policy Implications. Bennett Institute, University of Crémer, J., de Montjoye, Y., Schweitzer, H. 2019. Competition policy for the digital era. European Commission.
- Ctrl-Shift 2019. Data Mobility Infrastructure Sandbox.
- Daten Ethik Kommission 2019. Opinion of the Data Ethics Commission.
- Deutsche Bank, Innopay 2018. Unlocking opportunities in the API economy.
- DigitalEurope 2019. A Stronger Digital Industrial Europe.
- EDPS 2014. Privacy and competitiveness in the age of big data: The interplay between data protection, competition law and consumer protection in the Digital Economy.
- Egan, E. 2019. Data Portability and Privacy. Facebook.
- Elouazizi, N. 2014. Critical Factors in Data Governance for Learning Analytics. Journal of learning analytics.
- Engels, B. 2016. Data portability among online platforms. Internet Policy Review.
- Engels, B. 2019. Data Governance as the Enabler of the Data Economy. Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft.
- Eurocities, Open and Agile Smart Cities, European Network of Living Labs, European Commission 2019. Joining forces to boost sustainable digital transformation in cities and communities in the EU.
- European Banking Federation 2019. Data usage, access and sharing in the digital economy.
- European Commission 2018. Communication from the commission to the European parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions Towards a common European data space.
- European Commission 2020. On Artificial Intelligence – A European approach to excellence and trust.
- European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry COCIR 2019. European Health Data Space: Towards a Better Patient Outcome.
- Floridi, L. 2018. Soft Ethics and the Governance of the Digital. Oxford.
- Haggart, B. 2018. The Government’s Role in Constructing the Data-driven Economy. Centre for International Governance Innovation.
- Halenius, L., Larsio, A. 2019. Ethical AI requires ethical data. Sitra.
- Honko, H., Kortesniemi, Y., Kremer, J., Tuoriniemi, S. 2017. MyData Architecture Framework. Aalto University.
- IEEE 2019. Personal Data and Individual Agency.
- Internet Governance Forum 2014. The charter of human rights and principles for the internet.
- Ilves L., Osimo D. 2019. A roadmap for a fair data economy. Sitra and Lisbon Council. Jesus College Cambridge UK – China Global issues dialogue centre 2019. Multilateral Solutions for Global Governance of the Information and Communications Technology Industry.
- Jim, C., Chang, H. (2018) The Current State of Data Governance in Higher Education. University of North Texas.
- JRC 2019. Digital Transformation in Transport, Construction, Energy, Government and Public Administration.
- Leblond, P., Ariel Aaronson, S. 2019. A Plurilateral “Single Data Area” Is the Solution to Canada’s Data Trilemma. Centre for International Governance Innovation.
- Lopez de Vallejo, I., Scerri, S., Tuikka, T. (eds) 2019. Towards a European Data Sharing Space. Brussels. BDVA.
- Micheli M., Blakemore M., Ponti M., Craglia M. (Eds.) 2018. The Governance of Data in a Digitally Transformed European Society. JRC Conference and Workshop Reports. European Commission.
- Omidyar Network to the CSIS Technology Policy Program and the CSIS Project on Prosperity and Development 2019. Data Governance Principles for the Global Digital Economy.
- Otto, B., Korte, T., Azkan, C., Spiekermann, M. 2019. Data Economics and Management of Data Driven Business. Technische Universität Dortmund, Fraunhofer Institute.
- Owen, T. 2019. Ungoverned Space: How Surveillance Capitalism and AI Undermine Democracy. Centre for International Governance
- Polish Economic Institute 2019. Common Market as a Common Commitment.
- Prüfer, J. 2020. Competition Policy and Data Sharing on Data-driven Markets Steps Towards Legal Implementation. Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung.
- Richmond, B. 2018. A Day in the Life of Data. Consumer Policy Research Center.
- Riechert, A. 2019. Data Portability Policy Paper. Stiftung Datenschutz.
- Sinipuro, J. 2019. The circular economy and the data economy – an odd couple or just at odds?. Sitra.
- Szczepański, M. 2020. Is data the new oil? Competition issues in the digital economy. European Parliament.
- Tennison, J. 2019. Data portability: the role governments should play. The ODI.
- The Royal Society 2019. Flourishing in a Data-enabled Society.
- Vesnic-Alujevic, L. and Scapolo, F. 2019. The Future of Government 2030+. European Commission.
- World Economic Forum, McKinsey 2019. Innovate Europe Competing for Global Innovation Leadership.